HEADCOUNT/PROGRAM ATTENDANCE NUMBERS
- The invoiced amount is based on the number of students and chaperones stated in the Program Request Form.
- Any change in headcount must be submitted in writing to email@example.com.
- Modifications to headcount can be made without penalty up to 14 calendar days prior to the program date.
- Modifications in the student headcount made less than 14 calendar days prior to the program date, or who are present on the day of the program exceeding the invoiced headcount will be charged DOUBLE the per student program rate.
- Modifications in the adult headcount made less than 14 calendar days prior to the program date, or who are present on the day of the program exceeding the invoiced headcount will be charged the regular per student program rate.
- Any charges due to excess attendance or change to headcount within the 14 days prior to the program date must be paid at Check In on the day of the program.
- Due to the logistics of the Audubon Aquatics Adventures Program and the STEM Camp, we may not be able to fully accommodate any excess students that arrive the day of the program, or for which we receive less than two (2) full business days’ notice of participation. However, these students will be charged the applicable fees and the fees must be paid at Check In the day of the program. Additionally, these programs generally take place at an off-site location, such as Cedar Hill State Park, that charges an entry fee. Audubon covers entry fees for all students and adults for which payment is received prior to the program date. All other adults and students are responsible for any applicable entry fees. The organization scheduling the program is responsible for obtaining the correct entry fee amount and being prepared to pay entry fees upon arrival.
CANCELLATIONS AND DATE CHANGES
- See our Inclement Weather Policy below.
- All requests for cancellation or date changes must be in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellation requests received 14 or more calendar days prior to the program will be refunded within 45 days, less an administrative fee of $50.00. If Audubon requires a W-9, the organization agrees to provide the document to Audubon upon request.
- Cancellation requests received less than 14 calendar days prior to the program date will not receive a refund.
- If no cancellation request is received at email@example.com, no refund will be provided.
- If we receive a date change request 14 or more calendar days prior to the program date and can accommodate the request, the program will be rescheduled at no extra charge and without penalty. If a date change cannot be accommodated, the cancellation policy above applies.
- If a program date is changed, payment remains due on the original payment due date as invoiced, which is 14 days prior to the original program date, or 14 days prior to the new program date, whichever is earliest. If the date change results in the program occurring within the following 14 days, payment in full is due immediately.
- Date change requests received less than 14 calendar days prior to the program date are treated as cancellations and, therefore, no refund is given.
- Date change requests are provided as a one-time only courtesy and may NOT be cancelled. If the program is not attended, no refund will be provided.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
- Never assume that your program has been canceled.
- We hold Eco Investigations Programs and Animal Encounters rain or shine and cancel only when conditions are unsafe for travel. Students and chaperones should always come prepared for the possibility of spending time outdoors. If a rainy day suddenly becomes sunny, we may take advantage of the break in the weather.
- If you have booked an Aquatic Adventures Program, a Guided Hike, or STEM Camp, we will attempt to communicate with the primary contact as soon as possible if the weather forecast requires that we consider cancelling or postponing the program.
- If Audubon chooses to cancel a scheduled program, we will attempt to reschedule. If we are unable to coordinate another date, a full refund will be issued. We will call the phone number for the primary contact as soon as possible.
- Dogwood Canyon Audubon Center follows the Cedar Hill Independent School District inclement weather closings and delays. Programs are considered canceled in the event of an inclement weather closing or delay by Cedar Hill Independent School District.